Patch Notes 0.23.0 – (2021. 1. 5)
Eternal Return will undergo temporary maintenance January 5th from 6 PM until around 9PM PST to apply the 0.23.0 update.
Hello friends! Aesop here with another grand edition of Eternal Return: Patch Notes. We’ve got some exciting new things and changes you way, including a brand-new character with a brand new weapon. Let us dive on in!
Lenox, The Angler, arrives on Lumia Island.
Note: she cannot be used in Ranked Matches for one week.
Bait and Tackle(P)
Bait: Lenox gets extra items, excluding weapons, every time she fishes.
Common: 85% / Uncommon: 14% / Rare: 1%
Tackle: Every 20/16/12 seconds, normal attacks grant Lenox a shield that absorbs damage equal to 10% of her max HP. This shield lasts for up to 6 seconds.
Lenox whips a circle area around her, dealing 40/70/100/130/160 (+AP 30%) damage to enemies. She deals extra damage equal to 6/6.5/7/7.5/8% of her max HP to enemies hit by the edge. Hitting an enemy grants her 1 stack, reducing the cooldown of Recoil by 1 second per stack. (Max 2 stacks)
- Cooldown 4s
- SP cost 30/50/70/90/110
- Range ratio 4.5m, Edge Range ratio 3m~ 4.5m
Lenox snaps her whip twice, once in a circle around her, dealing 30/40/50/60/70(+AP 30%) damage and slowing enemies by 20% for 1.5 seconds. Following that, she will attack in a straight line, dealing 40/75/110/145/180(+AP 60%) damage and silencing enemies for 0.5 seconds. Hitting an enemy with the second part of her skill increases her movement speed by 20% for 3 seconds.
- Cooldown 12/11/10/9/8s
- SP cost 80/90/100/110/120
- First attack Range ratio 3m
- Second attack Range ratio 6m, width 1.25m
Lenox sweeps her whip in an area around her, dealing 60/110/160/210/260(+AP 30%) damage and pushing or pulling enemies, depending on the direction of the skill. Enemies hit are slowed by 20/25/30/35/40% for 1 second.
- Cooldown 9s
- SP cost 60/65/70/75/80
- Range length 4m width 2.5m, knock back 1.5m for 0.5s
Lenox quickly attacks twice in an X shape, dealing 75/150/225(+AP 80%) damage and applying Blue Viper for 4/5/6 seconds.
Blue Viper: For 4/5/6 seconds, enemies take 10/15/20 damage for every 1m they move. Hitting an enemy with both attacks deals 20/30/40 damage for every 1m they move.
- Cooldown 120/100/80s
- SP cost 100/120/140
- Range 7.5m
Grappling Whip(D)Snap your whip in front of you, dealing 100/150(+AP 30%) damage to enemies hit and pulling them 2.5m towards you for 1 second. Enemies that are in a range less than 2.5m are knocked airborne for 0.75 seconds.
- Cooldown: 30/20s
- Range 8m
- Normal Attack Range: 2.35m
- Lenox: Whip Normal Attack speed 0.67 times per second
- Per Mastery Level: Attack speed 1.8%, Extra Normal attack damage 3%, Skill amplification 2%
- Whip: Attack Power 12
- Rope Cuffs: Attack Power 24, Skill amplification 6 (Whip + Stallion Medal)
- Bullwhip: Attack Power 30 (Whip + Razor)
- Wind Whip: Attack Power 24, Skill amplification 20 (Rope Cuffs + Fan)
- Thunder Whip: Attack Power 30, Skill amplification 20% (Bullwhip + Gold)
- Lightning Whip: Attack Power 42, Attack Speed 20% (Bullwhip + Dead Battery)
- Gleipnir: Attack Power 58, Skill amplification 35 (Wind Whip + Spiked Plank)
- Plasma Whip: Attack Power 54, Attack Speed 30%, Sight Range 2.3m (Lightning Whip + Laser Pointer)
- Bloody Nine Tails: Attack Power 65, Skill Amplification 40, Life Steal 20% (Wind Whip + VF Blood Sample)
Solo Mode Kill Bonus
In Solo mode, kills will restore your HP and SP and give you a little more time on your countdown timer.
This kill bonus can really shake things up, so we will monitor it and adjust throughout coming updates.
- HP and SP recovery: My lost HP/SP (5 + Killed target’s level* 0.5)% (Level 10 Enemy Kill : 10%)
- This bonus is not affected by Healing Reduction
- 5s restored to your restricted area count (cannot exceed 30s)
Resting in the final safe area
Now, it is not possible to rest in the final safe area. You can rest by consuming the Restricted area counts outside the final safe area.
Minimap ping, noise, and range adjustments
We have decreased the noise and range of in game effects and pings.
- Normal Attacks 50 → 40m
- Gunshot 100 → 80m
- Trap Trigger 100 → 80m
- Wild animal Kill 100 → 80m
- Player Kill 100 → 80m
Tutorial – Announcer Voice
We’ve added an announcer voice to guide you through the tutorial.
Spectator Mode improvements
You can now see what players are crafting while spectating.
- If you gain 0 points before reaching promotion, your tier status as “pre-promotion” doesn’t end – you have one more chance to be promoted.
- It’s now clearly displayed if you are up for pre-promotion or not.
- We’ve slightly increased the worth of kills in Solo mode.
- Bullseye(Q)’s indicator now always displays normally
- Heavy Strike(E) knockback is now working properly.
- Bike From Hell (R)
- Bike from Hell (R) now goes in the right direction while casting other skills and after “queueing up” skills.
- The Bike’s Stop (S) and Hold (H) keys now work properly without jumping off.
- Risky Business(E) Cooldown 15/14/13/12/11s → 18/16/14/12/10s
- Duo and Squad Mode Adjustments
- Recovery 5% (100% → 95%)
- Shift Gears(R)
- Defense 10/17/24 → 2/16/30
- Attack Power per level 2.4 → 2.7
- Fire Escape(E)
- Burning area time active 2s → 5s
- Duo Mode Adjustment
- Damage dealt with Assault Rifle 85% → 88%
- Semtex Bomb(Q)
- Rooting 1s → Root duration starts at 0.5s, root duration increases by 0.1s every time Semtex Bomb is “enhanced”. (Max 1s)
- SP Regen per level 0.02 → 0.06
- Dove Dealer(Q)
- Damage 40/75/110/145/180 → 40/80/120/160/200
- SP cost 70/80/90/100/110 → 60/70/80/90/100
- The indicator is now displayed normally while using Dove Dealer when the dove is revealed.
- Hat Trick(W)
- SP cost 70/80/90/100/110 → 60/70/80/90/100
- Range 4m → 5.5m
- Projectile Speed 6m/s → 7m/s
- Attack Power per level 2.2 → 2.6
- Squad mode adjustments
- Damage dealt with Two-handed Sword 92% → 90%
- All modes adjustment
- Damage received when using Dual Swords100% → 97%
- Button Up(W)
- 0.5s Cooldown reduction when being hit → 0.5s Cooldown reduction when hitting enemy
- Cooldown 20/18/16/14/12s → 18/16/14/12/10s
- Last Judgement(R) now displays normally when activated.
- Garde(R) gets turned off automatically now, so it doesn’t need to be restarted when resurrecting.
- Duo Mode Adjustments
- Damage dealt with Glove 97% → 100%
- First Attack(E) no longer occasionally causes problems when used at the same time as a Normal Attack.
- Shuriken Adjustments
- Damage Dealt Solo Mode 108 → 110%, Duo Mode 100 → 102%, Squad Mode 94 → 96%)
- Damage Taken Solo Mode 97% → 94%, Duo Mode / Squad Mode 100% → 97%)
- Xiukai no longer ignores Hyejin’s fear when using Burnt To A Crisp (R)
- Starter Guitar [Recipe]: Bamboo + Piano Wire
- Stairway to Heaven Attack Power 52 → 56
- Wonderful Tonight Attack Speed 45% → 18%
- Cloak and Dagger(D) no longer occasionally drops invisibility
- Mount Slicer
- Skill amplification 35 → 30
- Attack Power 33 → 38
- Fragarach Attack Power 75 → 90
- Harpe Skill amplification 38 → 33
- Dual Sword Mastery per level Extra Normal Attack Damage 2.5% → 2.8%
- Nunchaku Mastery per level Skill amplification 3% → 3.3%
- Bastard Sword, Thuận Thiên Movement Speed -0.1 → -0.05
- Monohoshizao Attack Power 70 → 74
- Dáinsleif Attack Power 70 → 80
- Sniper(D) Mode Change Time 1s → 0.5s
- Long Rifle Movement Speed Reduction [REMOVED]
- Springfield, Harpoon Gun, NTW-20, The Deadly Ray, Movement Speed -0.1 → -0.07
- Golden Movement Speed -0.15 → -0.07
- Railgun Movement Speed -0.15 → -0.03
- Tac-50 Movement Speed -0.03 [REMOVED]
- Polaris Movement Speed -0.07 → -0.03
- Intervention Attack Power 110 → 115
- Attack speed per Mastery Level 0.4% → 0.7%
- Fangtian Huaji Skill amplification 34 → 31
- Lance of Poseidon Movement Speed Reduction [REMOVED]
- Dragon Guandao Movement Speed -0.1 → -0.05
- Tactical Tonfa Attack Power 70 → 74
- Mai Sok Attack Power 50 → 54
- David’s Sling Attack Power 80 → 75
- Hammer of Dagda
- HP Regen 250% → 150%
- Extra Normal Attack Damage -> +20
- Commander’s Armor Skill amplification 16% → 18%
- Kabana Skill amplification 18% → 20%
- Rocker’s Jacket Normal Attack Damage Reduction 15 → 11
- Imperial Burgonet Skill amplification 16% → 18%
- Sheath of Shah Jahan Attack Power 28 → 25
- Sword Stopper Defense 28 → 32
- Steel Shield, Creed of the Knight
- Defense 25 → 20
- Movement Speed -0.1 → -0.05
- Radar Attack Speed 35% → 40%
- Feather boots Attack Speed 30% → 35%
- Laced Quiver Attack Speed 25% → 30%
- Revenge of Goujian Skill amplification 18% → 20%
- Snare Root [REMOVED]
- Bamboo Trap Root Duration 1s → 0.5s
- Pendulum Axe Root Duration 1s → 0.75s
Spawn Point Improvements
Some of the spawn points on the outside of Cemetery, Pond, Beach, and Factory were moved more center.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Boxes should now ALWAYS open normally when clicked.
- Names are now correctly displayed when pinging CCTV through Alt + left click
- Character information now displays normally when clicking on Store right after finishing a game.
- In Store – Character, the “Show Already Owned” filter now functions normally.
- Can no longer start a game without a nickname after the tutorial.
- You will no longer get stuck to/ in between walls when using movement skills to pass through them.
- You’re now able to hit enemies properly from max range after being in the state of being unable to move.
- “Unknown error” no longer appears and stops you when your SP is lower than 100 and you repeatedly try to activate the Hyperloop.