Hello friends. Aesop here with the latest edition of Eternal Return patch notes. We’ve got a lot of stuff in here (as usual) so as the Black Eyed Peas once said, let’s get it started in here.
New Character – Cathy
Lumia’s Aberrant Doctor is finally ready to open up her clinic on Lumia Island.
(Note: Cathy will not be available in Ranked matches for 1 week.)
Under The Knife (P)
Under The Knife: When Cathy deals damage to enemies, she wounds them 20% Attack Power true damage for 3 seconds.
Normal attacks apply 1 stack of Wounded and skills apply 2 stacks. Upon reaching 5 stacks, enemies are Severely Wounded and take true damage equal to 1% (+Attack Power 20%) of their max HP for 6 seconds. Cathy deals additional 10/25/40% critical strike damage to Severely Wounded enemies.
Post-op: Hitting enemies with a skill grants her a shield, absorbing 110/165/220(Attack Power 40%) damage for 2 seconds and increasing her movement speed by 20/25/30%. Dealing critical hits reduces the cooldown of Post-op by 1 second.
- Post-op Cooldown 20/18/16s
Double Bypass (Q)
Cathy dashes to the target, dealing 30/60/90/120/150 (+Attack Power 70%) damage. Attacking an enemy in close range deals 50% extra damage and reduces Post-op’s cooldown by 1 second. Damage increases with Critical Strike Damage.
If Cathy Severely Wounds an enemy, the cooldown of Double Bypass is reduced by 80%.
- Cooldown 12/11.5/11/10.5/10s
- SP cost 50/60/70/80/90
- Range 3m
Cathy swings her saw in front of her, dealing 70/105/140/175/210(+Attack Power 50%) damage. Enemies hit are slowed for 2 seconds by 30%. Enemies hit by the outer range are grounded for 1 second.
- Cooldown 16/15/14/13/12s
- SP cost 70/75/80/85/90
- Range 4m, cone range 80°
- Outer range (Grounded) 3m~4m
Cathy throws her suture thread, dealing 30/40/50/60/70 (+Attack Power 30%) damage to the first enemy hit and rooting them for 0.5 seconds.
Threads can pass through and hit another enemy, pulling them together, dealing 30/40/50/60/70 (+Attack Power 30%) damage and stunning them for 1.5 seconds.
Threads can also pass through and hit a wall, pushing the enemy to the wall, dealing 30/40/50/60/70 (+Attack Power 30%) damage and stunning them for 1.5 seconds.
- Cooldown 24/22/20/18/16s
- SP cost 70
- Range 5m
Emergency Surgery (R)
Passive: If Cathy revives a downed ally, she creates a healing zone, recovering her ally’s max HP by 5% per second for 2/3/4 seconds.
Cathy charges in the targeted direction, dealing 120/200/280 (+Attack Power 60%) damage based on the enemy’s missing HP, maxing at 300/500/700 (+Attack Power 150%) and causing Severe Wounds. (Max damage dealt at 25% HP).
Allies in range recover 200 (+Attack Power 60%) HP. Allies with less than 40% HP recover 300 (+Attack Power 90%) HP.
- Cooldown 150/120/90s
- SP cost 120/135/150
- Passive range: Ratio 1.5m
- Dash range: Min 3m ~ Max 6m, width 3m
NEW SKIN – On-Duty Aya
Officer Aya reporting for duty!
On-Duty Aya arrives on Lumia Island. Be the first to unlock her from the store!
Tree of Life spawn indicator
- The timer that shows then the Tree of Life will appear at the spawn location is now better!
Security and Anti-Cheat enhancements
- Core security features have been improved and more robust anti-cheat methods have been applied.
- Anti-cheat tools will also collect more patterns of illegal programs to improve detection.
Saved Plans Improvements
- If you don’t have a saved plan already for your character, you will be automatically provided with a most used plan.
- Saved Plans used like this do not increase the number of uses
- This feature will be replaced by the “recommendation score” upon its introduction.
- Solo/Duo/Squad checkbox functionality in saved plans has better clarity.
- In cases where no routes are loaded (occasionally due to a network bug), a button to reload routes is provided.
- All LP, even those earned after reaching 100 points, will now be given to you once you are promoted in Ranked.
- You can now modify the “Start Matching” shortcuts (F5~F11)
Luke was falling off a bit too much in the late game. Let’s get him some nice new mops or something.
- Defense per level 1.8 → 2.0
- Elbow Grease (W)
- Attack Speed Increase 8% → 10%
Xiukai is large. So were the differences in results depending on which weapon he used. We’re adjusting the damage of his skills, along with the cooldowns, so that his performance isn’t skewed too much depending on his weapon and making it so you’ll have to make more meaningful choices with your skill leveling.
- Lost in the Sauce (Q)
- Damage 80/120/160/200/240(+Attack Power 50%) → 70/110/150/190/230(+Attack Power 50%)
- Heavy Meal (W)
- Damage 60/100/140/180/220(+Attack Power 50%) → 60/100/140/180/220(+Attack Power 60%)
- Wok it Off(E)
- Cooldown 16/14/12/10/8s → 21/18/15/12/9s
- 80/110/140/170/190(+Attack Power 50%) → 70/100/130/160/180(+Attack Power 60%)
Giving a little bit of early mobility back to the businessman.
- Bottom Line(W)
- Cooldown 17/16/15/14/13s→ 16/15/14/13/12s
Adriana should now have a more equal power across all modes – solo/duo/squad. Pretty lit.
- SP Recovery from lit fires 0.5%/1%/1.5% → 1%/1.5%/2%
- Cocktail Party(R)
- Cooldown 40/33/26 → 40/32/24s
Adjusting some skill damage to help reduce the difference in power between weapon type selections.
- Double Shot (Q)
- Damage 20/70/120/170/220(+Attack Power 20%) → 40/85/130/175/220(+Attack Power 20%)
Semtex Bomb will make it a little easier for you to see.
- Semtex Bomb(Q)
- Vision Range when on the ground 4 → 5
Although strong in the late game, Emma is still coming out a bit behind in comparison to her counterparts.
- Base SP 430 → 450
- Rabbit movement speed reduction 0.7 → 0.8
At higher tiers of play, across all modes, the Tranquil Blade struggles.
- Dashing Gentleman (E)
- Cooldown 15/14/13/12/11 → 14/13/12/11/10s
- Damage 70/120/170/220/270(+Attack Power 40%) → 65/120/175/230/285(+Attack Power 40%)
Zahir is pretty balanced across all tiers, but like just a sliver too strong.
- Eye of Azrael(P)
- Duration 5.5s → 5s
The Graceful Fencer performs well, regardless of weapon type, tier, or game mode. Instead of only lowering her early game power, we’re adjusting it so that she scales about the same.
- Base Attack Power 37 → 33
- Attack Power per level 3.2 → 3.4
Flanger (E) is now better for disengaging when she’s around animals and such.
- Target: Nearest Enemy → Nearest Player
Rewarding the Highschool Heavyweight a bit more when landing his First Attack (E)
- First Attack (E)
- Damage when hitting the wall: 60/95/130/165/200 → 60/95/130/165/200 (+Defense 15%)
Hyejin has shown to be.. not great at gaining MMR at top tiers and overall.
- Base Defense 22 → 25
Duo/Squad mode adjustments
Characters too strong or too weak will be slightly tweaked as usual.
- Throw: Damage Dealt 91% → 89%
- Damage Dealt – Duo Mode (Pistol) 85% → 88%
- Damage Taken – Squad Mode (Pistol) 100% → 98%
- Damage Dealt – Duo Mode (Assault Rifle) 88% → 90%
- Damage Dealt – Duo Mode 100% → 97%
- Damage Dealt – Squad Mode 99% → 97%
- Damage Dealt – Duo Mode (Assault Rifle) 92% → 90%
- Damage Taken – Duo Mode (Two-Handed Sword) 98% → 96%
- Damage Taken – Squad Mode (Dual Sword) 95% → 92%
- Damage Taken – Squad Mode (Dagger) 100% → 97%
- Damage Dealt – Duo Mode 88% → 90%
- Damage Taken – Squad Mode 100% → 97%
- Damage Taken – Squad Mode (Crossbow) 100% → 97%
- Damage Dealt – Duo Mode (Pistol) 92% → 90%
- Damage Dealt – Squad Mode (Pistol) 88% → 86%
- Damage Taken – (Two Handed Sword) Duo 97% → 100%, Squad 94% → 97%
- Damage Taken – Duo Mode 97% → 100%
- Damage Dealt – Squad Mode 97% → 94%
In the early game, some (blue) weapons were too strong.
- Damage as AP 100%/200% → 120%/220%
- Can no longer crit.
- White Claw Punch Crit Chance 20% → 22%
- Buddha’s Palm Cooldown Reduction 15% → 18%
- Cloak and Dagger(D)
- Movement Speed increase while cloaked 40% → 30/40%
- Current Health Damage 10% → 8%
- Movement Speed 0.3 → 0.2
- Full Swing(D)
- Knockback Range 4m → 4.5m
- Range 1.8m → 2.0m
- Heavy Crossbow Attack Power 66 → 63
- Extra Normal Attack Damage per mastery level 3.5% → 3.2%
- NTW-20 Attack Power 100 → 92
- Tac-50 Attack Power 140 → 134
- Polaris Attack Power 120 → 117
- Ruthenium Marble Skill Amplification 26% → 28%
- Weapon Mastery
- Extra Normal AD per level 4.2% → 3.8%
- Skill Amp per level 1% → 1.2%
- Spear of Longinus Attack Power 140 → 135
- Pike Attack Power 57 → 53
- Scorchbow Attack Power 25 → 22
- New “Flat” skill damage reduction stat will be introduced.
- Two new items: Decorative Flintlock and Buccaneer Doubloon .
- Mithril Armor
- Defense 69 → 63
- Flat Skill Damage Reduction +10
- Sheath of Shah Jahan Attack Power 25 → 28
- New Item – Decorative Flintlock (Uncommon)
- Recipe: Walther PPK + Ribbon
- Attack Power 10
- Life Steal 8%
- New Item – Buccaneer Doubloon (Rare)
- Decorative Flintlock + Kitchen Knife
- Attack Power 15
- Life Steal 8%
- Critical Strike Chance 8%
Food & Drink
We’re looking into food again. Stuff that doesn’t heal enough for the material cost.
- Curry HP Recovery 480 → 520
- Water Bottle SP Recovery 350 → 380
Adjustment of the map is a huge undertaking, so we’re doing it little by little to examine any potential unforeseen consequences.
Some steps, like adding spawn points and boxes, will come with the next update.
Spawn points are now more evenly distributed in some areas.
- Spawn point at the center intersection
- Spawn point above central fountain
- Spawn point below central fountain
- 2 spawn points near the hospital road
- Spawn point by security console
Material amount changes
There’s some new items, so we gotta adjust the materials as so.
- Snare 5 → 4
- Kitchen Knife 5 → 6
- Needle 6 → 5
- Kitchen Knife4 → 5
- Bamboo 7 → 6
- Kitchen Knife 6 → 7
Sand / Sea adjustment at Beach
I don’t like sand. It’s coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere.
- The Beach has been adjusted to prevent things like skills looking like they hit but didn’t, etc.
- The sea level has risen a bit to compensate for the changes.
- This adjustment will change the boundaries of the movable areas near the oceanside of the beach.
Bug Fix and Improvements
- You will no longer find fewer items in boxes than intended at the start of the game.
- Corpses will no longer be trapped in walls if they die while crossing a wall with a movement skill.
- 1 critical hit no longer occasionally occurs after removing equipment with crit and having 0% chance.
- Enemy Out of Combat Movement Speed of is now properly displayed in the information window when targeted.
- The small box next to the security console in Dock is a bit larger and easier to click.
- Targeting characters that die or become untargetable (Rozzi’s E, Sissela’s W and Chiara’s R) will now cause skills that you have “queued up” to cancel.
- You can now use the Enter key on the number keypad.
- You can now properly collect the Tree of life immediately after you receive the notice of its spawn.
- You can now see Wild Animals properly after reconnecting.
- The time of the announcement and actual time now always match when the restricted areas are accelerated.
- Nadine: You can now properly see the range when you can recast Monkey Wire (E).
- Luke Animation of Clean Sweep (Q) is now properly displayed when reactivated.
- Li Dailin: Sound effects are properly triggered when using Striking Tiger (R) while Tipsy.
- Li Dailin: Nunchaku are no longer obscenely large when activating Drink Up (W) after using Spirited Kick (Q) or Breath of the Dragon (Nunchaku D).
- Magnus: The sound effects for digging potatoes are now properly triggered.
- Magnus: Bike from Hell (R)’s explosion will now properly work when hitting objects or thin walls.
- Shoichi: Ruthless (R) knives no longer occasionally all fall into one spot.
- Shoichi: You can no longer use Bottom Line (W) an extra time after using Ruthless (R).
- Sound effects for when choosing Sissela on the Character Menu now trigger properly.
- Effects are now properly displayed when multiple Sisselas use Free at Last (R) consecutively.
- Emma: No longer walks to the target point when using Change★(R) from outside of its maximum range.
- Emma: Activating Change★(R) with Hat Trick (W) to hit multiple enemies no longer deals only partial damage to only some enemies while just knocking others back.
- Emma: You can now properly deal damage to downed enemies with Change★ (R).
- Yuki: Cufflink effects and sounds are no longer repeated on corpses.
- Jackie: Chainsaw Murderer (R)’s second “swipe” now works normally when using a different skill just before the duration of Chainsaw Murderer is over.
- Chiara: Hand of Corruption (Q) time tooltip is now correctly displayed.
- Chiara: Depraved Prayer (W) no longer silences her footsteps when the shield explodes.
- Chiara: Depraved Prayer (W) explosion no longer cancels channeled things like hyperloop.
- Fiora: Spear basic attack sound effects now trigger properly.
- Hart saved plans now correctly account for piano wire and bamboo.
- Hyejin: Charm of the Nomad (E) projectile speed is now correct in all cases.
- Assault Rifle: Using Overheat(D) now properly changes sound effects.
Lobby and Outgame
- You will no longer incorrectly see the portrait and name in the middle of the screen when you “un lock-in” a character at the Character selection menu.
- Selection voice lines no longer overlap in the Character selection menu when repeatedly locking in / un-locking in your character.
- Character portraits are no longer occasionally displayed as white squares during character selection, and will load into the game properly.
- The start game pop-up will no longer remain until the area selection if a match is found during Saved Plan creation.
- The buttons displaying the selected skill in skill videos are now properly displayed.
- Background audio of character skill videos has been improved.
- Score is now properly displayed when getting over 10 kills.