What’s up my RatJammers. Aesop here with another edition of Eternal Return patch notes. There’s a TON of new stuff in this – new character, new items, a new skin, BUG FIXES!! So sit back, relax, grab a nice lemonade or something, and take a look!
Eternal Return will undergo temporary maintenance starting Tuesday, March 2nd from 6 PM to around 9 PM PST to apply the 0.27.0 update.
New Character – Adela
The Maven Tactician is bringing her opening move to Lumia Island.
You can get her for 9,900 A-Coin from her arrival date for 1 week.
- Starting from March 3rd KST, her price will be adjusted to 8,020 A-Coin.
- When new characters are released, they tend to come with an incredibly high pick rate in normals and overwhelm lobbies. We’re just trying to curb some of that early annoyance for all players.
- NP purchase price remains the same.
(Note: Adela will not be available in Ranked matches for 1 week.)
Control the Center (P)
Adela’s attack range is increased by 2.5m and her attack speed is fixed. Every 0.01 Attack Speed increases her Attack Power by 0.4. Adela’s Critical Strike Chance is increased by 4/8/12%. Landing Critical Strikes increase her movement speed by 10/13/16% for 2 seconds.
Adela places her pawn at the targeted location, dealing 30/70/110/150/190(+Attack Power 40%) damage. Placing a pawn grants her a stack. Upon reaching 3 stacks, her next pawn will be Queened, dealing 50/90/130/170/210(+Attack Power 50%) damage and stunning enemies hit for 1 second. Stacks are reset if Promotion is not reactivated within 5 seconds. Pawns and Queens remain for 8 seconds. Promotion’s cooldown can not be reduced.
- Cooldown 3/2.7/2.4/2.1/1.8s
- SP cost 50/60/70/80/90
- Range 7m
- Damage range 1m (Ratio)
Knight Fork (W)
Adela moves her Knight to the targeted location, dealing damage. It hops, dealing 45/90/135/180/225(+Attack Power 30%) damage upon landing. Hitting a pawn, queen, or rook in a 5m range with the initial landing spot pushes the piece opposite of the knight, causing different effects.
Pawn and Queen: Piece stops upon hitting an enemy, dealing the same damage as Promotion, and knocking them airborne for 0.75 seconds.
Rook: deals the same damage as Castling to enemies hit, knocking them airborne for 1.25 seconds. Knight remains for 8 seconds. Summoning another Knight will cause the first knight to disappear.
- Cooldown 17/16/15/14/13s
- SP cost 90/100/110/120/130
- Range 6m
- Damage range 1.25m (Ratio)
Adela slides her rook in the targeted direction dealing 65/110/155/200/245(+Attack Power 50%) damage to enemies hit. Hitting a pawn, queen, or knight on the way causes those pieces to deal damage.
Pawn and Queen: deal as much damage as Promotion.
Knight: deal as much damage as Knight Fork, slow enemies by 30% for 1 second. Reactivating the skill within 4 seconds will make her switch places with the rook in a range of 12m.
Rooks remain for 8 seconds. Sliding another rook will cause the first rook to disappear.
- Cooldown 19/17/15/13/11s
- SP cost 70/85/100/115/130
- Range 6m
- Damage range width 1.2m
Adela raises into the air for 2 seconds, becoming untargetable and unable to take damage. Upon landing, she deals 150/200/250(+Attack Power 60%) damage to enemies in range, and each active chess piece attacks, dealing true damage to enemies for 3% of their max HP in an area around it, and disappearing after.
- Cooldown 80/75/70s
- SP cost 90
- Damage range 3m
Frost Clover Sissela will be available!
- When the day changes, satellite radar is activated. For 5 seconds the positions of all players are displayed on the minimap.
- This occurs only when Night turns to Day
- The Minimap (M) opens automatically at the beginning of the game (Day 1) to show all nearby players. After 5 seconds, the minimap closes automatically.
- The satellite radar does not provide vision or renew the scoreboard (Tab).
Saved Plans Average Rating System & Improvements
Recommended Saved Plans
- You can now recommend or dislike Saved Plans.
- You can only recommend or dislike a Saved Plan once.
- You cannot recommend your own Saved Plan.
- Total recommendations and current Saved Plan recommendations are separate.
- We plan to add a standard ‘score’ rating with an upcoming update. The recommendation score will reflect the percentage of recommendations/dislikes and will be weighted according to the recommended/dislikes rank tier.
Automatic Recommendation Improvements
- The map shown at the beginning of the game, before selecting a Saved Plan, shows your selected Saved Plans and the automatically recommended plans.
- We will change the automatic recommendations to use the most recommended plans with an upcoming update.
Saved Plan Improvements
- Saved Plans will remain shared even when you make changes
- Recommendation data will be accumulated for Saved Plans that are re-shared after being shared once.
- You cannot add more letters once your Saved Plan title reaches 32bytes. (Previously you could only check it once you clicked “Save”.)
- We now have a language filter for saved plans.
- Tooltips for searching materials and collecting/hunting have been improved.
Statistics Displayed for Game Results
- You can now check individual statistics in the game results. The statistics displayed are:
- Crafting number (by levels: Uncommon/Rare/Epic/Legendary)
- Damage dealt to players
- Damage is divided into normal attack damage, skill damage, true damage, and trap damage.
- Damage dealt to Wild animals
- Damage taken and recovery, Shield Damage Absorption
- Some damage received for certain items is missing and will be included in an upcoming update.
- Wild animals and Wickeline kills (divided by animal type)
- Cameras installed/destroyed
- Hyperloop uses
- Security Console activations
Accept or decline matches
- Accept(Enter)/Decline(Esc) can now be done through key shortcuts.
Bonus and Penalty adjustments according to MMR
- Bonuses and penalties are lessened by around 20% depending on player MMR difference.
- While penalties for players who match with other players with a really low MMR have been lessened, so have bonuses received when matching with players that have high MMR.
Squirrel Trap stacking was too oppressive against melees.
- Squirrel Trap (W) damage is reduced by 70% if the enemy is already slowed by Squirrel Trap.
Lenox really shines with friends. We’re adjusting it so that she doesn’t slap quite as hard, but reverting her last nerf to her solo damage.
- Max Stacks 1 → 2
- Cooldown 4s → 4.5s
- [NEW] 30% Damage reduction when hitting multiple enemies
- Damage 15/50/70/100/130 → 20/50/80/110/140
- Outer Edge HP Damage 5.5/6/6.5/7/7.5% → 6.5/7/7.5/8/8.5%
Although it may not always feel like it, Rozzi is pretty in line with the rest of the characters. We’re making some item changes, so we need to compensate for your favorite Enigma.
- Base HP 480 → 495
- Attack Power per level 2 → 2.3
- Dual Wield(P) HP Recovery from Chocolate drinks 30% → 50%
- Flutter(W) Damage 70/110/150/190/230 → 85/125/165/205/245
Luke is still doing a bit too much cleaning in the early game, especially in certain parts of the map. We’re upping his early game CDs but keeping his mid/late game relatively the same.
- Armor per level 2 → 2.3
- Clean Sweep(Q) Cooldown14/12.5/11/9.5/8s → 16/14/12/10/8s
- Elbow Grease(W) Cooldown8/7.5/7/6.5/6s → 10/9/8/7/6s
- Dirty Work(E) Cooldown18/16/14/12/10s → 22/19/16/13/10s
- Pressure Washer(R) Damage 250/300/350 → 250/350/450
Swapping the effects around on Bottom Shelf. This should make for some more strategic choices.
- Base Defense 20 → 24
- Blood Alcohol Content(P) Attack Speed Increase 10/25/40% → 20/30/40%
- Spirited Kick(Q) Damage 20/40/60/80/100(+Attack Power 50%) → 25/45/65/85/105(+Attack Power 60%)
- Bottom Shelf (E)
- Li Dailin spits out cheap liquor in a cone in front of her, dealing damage and slowing enemies in range by 20% for 0.8/1.1/1.4/1.7/2 seconds.
- Tipsy: Silences enemies for 2 seconds.
The motorcycle menace is showing a lot of strength according to most indicators. We’ll keep an eye on him. We want characters to have a variety of play styles. When we change characters, we don’t want to (as you all like to say) gut them.
- Damage Dealt in Squad Mode
- Bat 97% → 94%
- Hammer 95% → 91%
- Base HP Regen 1 → 0.7
- Bike From Hell (R)
- Damage 200/375/550 → 200/350/500
- Cooldown 95/85/75 → 125/115/105
- Duration 9/10/11 → 7s
- [New] Hitting an enemy with the explosion reduces the cooldown by 30s
The big boy can be a big problem early game. Naturally, his curve is to get stronger later and be rewarded with cooking a bunch of food. We’re trying to encourage that more.
- Juggernaut Chef (P) → Additional recovery from food and drinks: 20% → 30%
- Lost in the Sauce(Q)
- HP Cost 30/45/60/75/90 → 25/35/45/55/65
- Width 1.6m → 1.4m
- Heavy Meal(W)
- HP Cost 30/45/60/75/90 → 25/35/45/55/65
- Damage 60/100/140/180/220 → 10/55/100/145/190
- Extra damage to movement impaired enemies 2/2.5/3/3.5/4% Xiukai’s max HP → 1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5/5.5%
- Wok It Off(E) HP Cost 30/45/60/75/90 → 25/35/45/55/65
Compensation for some item changes. We like to see you pull off some sorcerer-like magic with the businessman.
- Good Faith(Q) Damage 10/60/110/160/210 → 10/65/120/175/230
Early game strength down. Late game strength up. This makes it more rewarding to take full advantage of her passive.
- HP per level 63 → 61
- Armor per level 1.4 → 1.2
- Attack power per level 2.3 → 2.5
- Lumia Grand Prix (P) Skill Amp 18% → 15%
- Power Slide(Q)
- Can now move while using
- Cooldown 2.75/2.5/2.25/2/1.75s -> 3.7/3.2/2.7/2.2/1.7s
- Finish Line(W)
- Cooldown 15.5/15/14.5/14/13.5s → 18/17/16/15/14s
- Movement speed reduction 40/45/50/55/60% → 25/35/45/55/65%
- Front Flip (W) Airborne Duration 0.5s → 0.2s
- Spare Tire(E) Cooldown 12/11/10/9/8 -> 17/15/13/11/9
- Switch Gears(R)
- Movement Speed Increase 0.15/0.25/0.35 → 0.15/0.3/0.45
- Movement speed reduction with bike startup 50% → 50/25/0%
- Bike startup time 1.5s → 1.8s
Slight adjustments to her range so the serial killer can kill with more weapons.
- Two Handed Sword – Attack Range 1.9 → 2m
- Dual Sword – Attack Range 1.45 → 1.5m
The Inferno is slightly weak according to a few data points.
- Attack Power per level 2.7 → 2.9
- Oil Slick(W) Width (1.65m → 1.6m)
- Pyromaniac(P) Damage 4/7/10 (+Attack Power 15%) → 4/8/12(+Attack Power 20%)
Overall, Emma isn’t that strong. Emma masters in higher tiers, however, tend to dominate more often than they should. This is mostly due to her late-game strength and zone control.
- Base Armor 28 → 31
- Armor per level 1.6 → 1.3
- Dove Damage 175/200/225 → 125/150/175
- Hat Damage 225/250/275 → 200/225/250
- Recharge time 18/16.5/15s → 16s
- Skill width has been adjusted to properly match the indicator (1m → 1.2m)
Yuki is still showing very poor performance in the upper tiers. The cause appears to be his somewhat rigid and linear playstyle. We’re adjusting his range a bit so he can make better use of his Q stun.
- Two-Handed Sword Attack Range 1.95 → 2.05m
- Dual Swords Attack Range 1.5 → 1.55m
- Dashing Gentleman(E)
- Cooldown 14/13/12/11/10s → 16/15/14/13/12s
- [New] Hitting an enemy reduces the cooldown by 3s
Cathy is still showing a touch too strong in all modes – synergizing too well with high attack power items. Lowering her ratios will help that a bit.
- Damage dealt in Duo mode 98% → 95%
- Damage dealt in Squad mode 96% → 92%
- Under the Knife(P)
- Wound duration 5s → 4s
- Wound Damage Max HP 5% + (Attack Power 100%) → Max HP 4% + (Attack Power 80%)
- Shield 110/165/220(Attack Power 40%) -> 100/150/200(Attack Power 30%)
- Double Bypass (Q) Damage 20/50/80/110/140(+Attack Power 60%) -> 20/50/80/110/140(+Attack Power 40%)
Fiora does a little too well early for a character that lives for the ancient late game.
- Two Handed Sword Attack Range 1.9 → 2.0
- Base Attack Power 33 → 31
- Garde (R)
- SP cost 25/45/65 → 20/40/60
- Damage 25/35/45(+Attack Power 6/18/30%) → 20/35/50(+Attack Power 4/18/32%)
Slight adjustment to her early game survivability
- Base Defense 20 → 22
Glove Hyun really packs quite the punch – he’s a bit of an outlier in all indicators. We don’t want to really hurt him, so slight adjustments and some item changes.
- Base Attack Power 38 → 36
- First Attack(E) Cooldown 13/12.5/12/11.5/11s → 15/14/13/12/11s
The Star-Crossed Shaman is very strong in the upper tiers. We’re averse to totally killing her damage, but she needs some slight adjustments. A little bit less damage but some lower SP costs should help.
- Three Calamities(P)
- Time until fear can be reapplied 9s → 12s
- Charm of Despair(Q)
- SP cost 40/45/50/55/60 → 40
- Damage 100/125/150/175/200 → 100/120/140/160/180
- Width 1.8m → 1.5m
- Charm of the Nomad(E)
- Reactivation Damage 50/75/100/125/150(+Attack Power 50%) → 50/80/110/140/170(+Attack Power 60%)
- Width 2m → 1.8m
- SP Cost 80 → 120/110/100/90/80
- Skill amp per mastery level 2.4% → 2.1%
- Devil’s Marksman Skill Amplification 42 → 38
- Electron Blaster Extra Normal Attack Damage 28 → 25
- Satisfaction Life Steal 10% → 15%
- Teen Spirit Attack Power 10 → 18
- Rose Knife Cooldown Reduction 10% → 8%
- Carnwennan Cooldown Reduction 10% → 8%
- Apricot Sword Cooldown Reduction 10% → 8%
- Durendal Mk2 Cooldown Reduction 10% → 8%
- Volticletto Cooldown Reduction 10% → 8%
- Joyeuse Attack Power 75 → 71
- Statue of Soteria Attack Power 82 → 78
- Monkey King Bar Attack Power 150 → 145
- Recipe: Motor → Electronic Parts
- Spy Umbrella SP Regen 0.8 (NEW)
- Attack Speed per mastery level 2% → 2.2%
- The Golden Ghost Attack Power 70 → 66
- Breath of the Dragon (D) Cooldown 25s → 25/20s
- The Smiting Dragon Skill Amplification 17 → 20
- Normal Attack Range 1.05 → 1.1
- Caltrops (D) Damage 80/160 → 90/170
- Wind and Fire Wheels Attack Power 55 → 51
- Mystic Jade Charm Skill Amplification 12 → 10
- Normal Attack Range 1.5 → 1.6
- Laevateinn Attack Speed +8%
- Sniper Projectile Speed 20m/s → 24m/s
- Attack Power 117 → 110
- Ammo 3 → 4
- The Deadly Ray Ammo 1 → 2
- Quick Spin(D) Cooldown 30s → 30/25s
- Mai Sok Defense 22 → 25
- Tactical Tonfa Defense 13 → 16
- Plasma Tonfa Defense 21 → 24
- Grenade of Antioch Attack Power 85 → 80
- David’s Sling Attack Power 71 → 68
- Optical Camouflage Suit Defense 20 → 15
- Mithril Armor
- Defense 63 → 65
- Skill Damage Reduction 13 → 10
- Commander’s Armor Defense 20 → 24
- EOD Suit
- Defense from Normal Attacks 12 → 8
- Max HP 300 → 270
- Chain Coif Cooldown감소 10% → 6%
- Close Helm Cooldown감소 10% → 7%
- Tactical OPS Helmet
- Attack Speed 23% → 25%
- Cooldown Reduction 15% → 12%
- Imperial Burgonet Cooldown Reduction 10% → 8%
- Sword Stopper
- Critical Damage Reduction 10 → 8%
- Defense from Normal Attacks 11 → 8
- Knee Pads Recipe: Tights+Leather→ Tights+ Glue
- (NEW) Tachyon Brace (Epic)
- Knee Pads + Motor
- Defense 15
- Movement Speed + 0.38
- Cooldown Reduction10%
- Boots of Hermes Defense 40 → 35
- (NEW) Lunar Embrace (Epic)
- Purified Water+Moonstone
- Defense +14
- SP Regen +200%
- Skill Damage Reduction +18
- Vision Range + 1.5
- Flower of Fate Cooldown Reduction 10% → 8%
- Schrodinger’s Box HP 380 → 360
- Magazine HP 350 → 330
- Fish Stew
- Recovery 550 → 450
- Stack 2 → 3
Slight trap adjustments for things that were a little weird early.
- Enhanced Mousetrap Damage 160 → 140
- Explosive Trap Damage 180 → 160
- Jungle Guillotine
- Recipe: Mousetrap + Kitchen Knife → Mousetrap + Rusty Sword
- Double Guillotine
- Damage 340 → 300
New items means material adjustments…
- Rusty Sword 6 → 7
- Battery 7 → 8
- Kitchen Knife 6 → 4
- Snare 4 → 3
- Lighter 8 → 9
- Stallion Medal 7 → 6
- Glue 7 → 8
- Kitchen Knife 5 → 4
- Ice 7 → 8
- Razor 6 → 5
- Cotton Gloves 4 → 3
- Ice 6 → 7
- Glue 6 → 7
- Kitchen Knife 7 → 6
- Buddhist Scripture 8 → 9
- Archery Range
- Rusty Sword 5 → 6
- Snare 5 → 4
- Bamboo 7 → 6
- Ice 6 → 7
- Crossbow 4 → 3
- Glue 7 → 8
- Crossbow 4 → 3
- Rusty Sword 5 → 6
- Whip 4 → 3
- Lighter 7 → 8
Bug fixes and Improvements
- Additional information added to the item pop-ups (Ctrl+Left click to drop items)
- Bushes are now processed normally (Server-Client error improvement)
- You can no longer check if there’s an item inside a bush by hovering the pointer over the outside of the bush.
- You can now attack while hiding with attack move.
- You no longer remain standing up when downed while channeling.
- Range indicator is now displayed properly when using attack move
- Cooking sound effects lowered.
- The button no longer moves when you change key shortcuts in your options.
- Terrain is now correctly displayed next to the cars in the gas station in Alley
- Damage is no longer displayed when some summoned items disappear.
- You no longer hear the timer in Restricted Areas after the victory screen.
- Wild animals no longer immediately attack melee characters nearby once they return.
- Mouse now works properly when swapping right/left click.
- Improved sound effects when reviving a teammate.
Characters & Weapons
- Nadine: You no longer can see the connection of Squirrel Trap (W)when outside the field of view.
- Rozzi: Corpses now can normally be clicked after using Easy Shot (Q)
- Rozzi: No longer move to the incorrect location after using Gun Vault (E)
- Rozzi and Silvia’s weapons now reload normally while resting.
- Luke:Neat ‘n Tidy (P) now properly gains stacks on assists
- Magnus: Bike from Hell(R) position is now displayed normally close to a terrain (Probably. I swear this will work 100% flawlessly one day).
- Xiukai: Lost in the Sauce (Q) indicator width now matches actual range.
- Xiukai: Wok It Off (E) is now correctly activated in the direction of the indicator when the cursor is on top of him.
- Xiukai: Juggernaut Chef (P) food tooltips are now properly displayed.
- Sissela: Throw timing now works properly when using Throw weapons with a very high attack speed.
- Silvia: Radar Gun(Q) is no longer cancelled when other skills are used after its activation.
- Silvia: Radar Gun(Q) indicator range matches actual range
- Adriana: Oil Slick(W), Fire Escape (E) indicator range now match actual ranges
- Aya: you can now hear her voice when she’s resting
- Isol: Semtex Bomb(Q)’s explosion no longer cancels queued up skills.
- Isol: Guerilla Warfare (Passive) is now applied correctly after he revives.
- Emma: Q(Dove Dealer) size matches actual range
- Emma: Can no longer move with Change★(R) if Rooted/Grounded
- Emma: Can now normally target even when Dove is overlapped with a trap.
- Yuki: Coup de Grace (R)’s indicator now matches actual range
- Zahir: Vision after consuming Eye of Azrael(P) corrected
- Jackie: Sound effects properly triggered when you open an air supply while using Chainsaw Murderer(R)
- Cathy: can now root a downed enemies withSuture(E)
- Cathy: no longer carries her scalpel when opening air supplies
- Chiara: Hand of Corruption(Q) indicator matches actual range
- Chiara: Enemies no longer disappear when hit by Mania(E) while downed.
- Chiara: Plague(R) tooltip was adjusted. You can now gain vision depending on your maximum Stigma stacks when using Plague.
- Chiara: Depraved Prayer(W) now accurately reflects movement sounds.
- Fiora: Garde(R) has been fixed to display SP cost and mastery levels accurately.
- Hart: Flanger(E) now targets players accurately.
- Hyejin: Charm of Despair(Q) and Charm of the Nomad(E) have been updated to accurately match the actual range indicator.
- Expulsion Shot (Crossbow D) no longer causes extra damage to nearby enemies
- Magnum-Boa Magazine tooltip error corrected
Lobby and Outgame
- Matchmaking sound now works properly while playing the skill previews.
- Max reports per game increased from 2 to 4.
- Number of shared routes now display properly.
- The tutorial has been updated so it’s easier to select a recommended name.
- The collection UI is now always visible in the tutorial.
- Nicknames are now hidden to spectators in custom matches if toggled.
- Added an option to stop matching functions with a shortcut key.
- The Enter key has been changed. All Enter key shortcuts will be cleared.
- The current price for 585 NP is less than the amount allowed to enable Steam’s friend invitation function. In order to meet Steam’s minimum , we have increased this to 700 NP (5,900 KRW).
- Pre-game area selection clarity improvements to no longer unintentionally hide numbers behind the route lines.
- Maintenance and account suspension times have been updated to display in minutes.
- Points that were withheld in promos will now display correctly.
- AI matches now work properly for Hong Kong Server.
- Properly scattering of spawn points in areas where 5+ people start.
- Targeted items for routes can now be dragged properly.
- Queue dodge penalty no longer mistakenly appears if someone in your party declines the queue.
Omissions from previous updates
- The MMR penalty for pre-made teams in Duo/Squad has been mitigated. (Missing in last update)
- Fixed missing material count in some boxes (missing in last update)
- Current Material Generation Algorithm: Randomly sort the boxes, snake the material list once per box → Randomly sort the boxes → Place one material at a time. Repeat.
- Existing Problem: When 2 identical materials were assigned to a box, those materials disappeared for reshuffling.
- This improvement: If 2 of the same ingredients are assigned to a box, 2 are placed as they are.
- To be improved in the future: We will completely reorganize the material generation algorithm to avoid duplicate materials.