Eternal Return will undergo temporary maintenance starting Tuesday, March 16th from 6 PM to around 9 PM PST to apply the 0.28.0 update.
Aesop here with your weekly dose of patch notes. This is a big update with a couple of cool new things we’re bringing you. It would be in your best interest to read EVERY SINGLE WORD!!!
New Character – Bernice
The Stolid Huntsman brings his own traps and his trusty shotgun to Lumia Island to take out any beast in his way.
For the first week, he’ll cost 9,900 A-Coin.
(Note: Bernice will not be available in Ranked matches for 1 week)
Bernice’s normal attacks fire 2/3/4 bullets, fixing his base range to 4m and dealing (+Attack Power 70/80/90%) to (+Attack Power 91/120/144%) damage depending on the number of bullets that hit enemies.
He can reload faster depending on the level of Buckshot.
- Reload time: 1.8/1.3/0.8s
Bernice fires an expanded projectile from his gun, dealing 70/110/150/190/230 (+Attack Power 70%) damage to enemies hit. Enemies hit are slowed by 10/15/20/25/30% for 3 seconds.
Rooted enemies take extra 100/140/180/220/260 (+Attack Power 70%) damage and are slowed by 30/40/50/60/70% for 3 seconds.
- Cooldown: 7/6.5/6/5.5/5s
- SP Cost: 60/70/80/90/100
- Attack Range: 11m, Ratio 0.75m (Width 1.5m)
Bernice sets a trap on the ground for 20/25/30/35/40 seconds, dealing 20/30/40/50/60(+Attack Power 10%) damage for 3 seconds to enemies that step on them and rooting them for 1.5 seconds. He can hold 3/3/4/4/5 Foothold Trap charges and can set 2/2/3/3/4 traps at a time depending on his level.
- Recharge Time: 24/20/16/14/12s
- SP Cost: 30/35/40/45/50
Passive: Bernice marks enemies that step on a Foothold Trap for 4 seconds, granting him vision and increasing his movement speed by 10/15/20/25/30% when moving towards the marked target. Bernice’s normal attacks on marked enemies reduce the cooldowns of Leg Shot by 0.5 seconds and Explosive Bola by 1/1/1.5/1.5/2 seconds.
Active: Bernice’s falcon hovers in the air, increasing his vision by 3/3/3.5/3.5/4 for 8 seconds. Every 6 seconds, the Falcon marks a nearby enemy for 4 seconds.
- Cooldown: 14/12/10/8/6s (Cooldown starts after effect ends)
- SP Cost: 60/75/90/105/120
Bernice fires his bola bomb in a targeted direction, dealing 150/200/250 (+Attack Power 50%) damage to the first enemy hit and rooting them for 1.5 seconds.
After a few seconds, it explodes, dealing 100/150/200 (+Attack Power 70%) damage to the rooted enemy and spreading to the nearest enemy in a 3m range in a chain.
- Cooldown: 140/120/100
- SP Cost: 120/150/180
- Attack Range: 12m, Ratio : 0.7m (width 1.4m)
Street Fiend Hyunwoo will be available!
AGLAIA has succeeded in the research of artificially created meteorites. Lumia Island will now be impacted with collectible meteorites in various locations throughout the map.
- The first meteorite drops on the first night (4m 40s after the game starts) and every 4 minutes after for a total of 3 meteorites.
- Meteorites will fall randomly in these five areas: school, temple, alley, pond, factory. There will be a notice of where it will be dropped 1 minute before its impact.
- A falling meteorite causes 1000 true damage. (Try not to stand under it…)
- You can collect meteorites from their impact zone.
- Meteorite and moonstone drop chance from wild animals (Wolf, Bear), and air supplies will now be lower.
In-Game Notice Revamp
Less clutter, more info.
- There are a lot of notices in-game now, and with the appearance of meteorites, we needed to reorganize our announcement system.
- The following notices will now appear on the left side of the screen: Restricted areas acceleration, Player slain, Killstreaks, Tree of life spawn, Meteorite impact, Wickeline arrival.
- Your recorded kills will now be notified separately with the new UI.
Quick cast indicator
Yes, it’s finally here!
- You can now enable quick cast indicators in the settings.
- Hold the key (Q,W,E,R) to display the indicator of the skill. Let the key go to use the skill in the direction indicated.
Spawn Point and Loot Improvements (Part III)
The sequel to the sequel
- One box added to Alley, Hotel, Archery Range, Temple, School, and Hospital.
- One spawn point added to Alley, and two to School.
- We’re making a 4th improvement over the coming weeks, including the locations of boxes in some areas like Hotel.
- Check “Area” below for more details.
Saved Plans System Improvements
Skill Order and Text Description
- You can now save your skill order in your saved routes.
- You can now add text descriptions to your saved routes.
- Skills are now highlighted in-game according to the skill order you saved in your route.
- Skill descriptions of the selected route are now reflected in the skill tooltips in-game.
Saved Plans Update Notification
- Players will now receive an alert when the creator of a saved route makes any changes. Players who use these routes will have the option to apply the changes.
Recommended Score Filter
- We have added a filter that calculates the score of Saved Plans, based on recommendations and dislikes.
- Recommended plans now have a “Highest Recommended score” filter option when starting a game.
- You can only recommend a plan if you’re level 10 or higher, and your recommendation has more weight depending on your ranked tier.
- Saved Plans also receive an extra score depending on the number of games played with them.
- To differentiate the existing modes, you can now select only one button for Solo, Duo, or Squad.
- Improvements have been made to the death and results screen.
- For both Duo and Squad mode, teammates will be shown together on the results screen.
- Wickeline’s Health and Defense have been adjusted differently for each mode.
- Duo: Health +20%, Defense +20%
- Squad: Health +50%, Defense +20%
Making Rozzi just a little smoother to play.
- Gun Vault (2nd activation) cast time 0.27s → 0.2s
- Semtex Bomb Mk II(R)
- Projectile speed to max distance 0.4s → 0.3s
- Cooldown Reduction from early explosion 30% → 45%
Li Dailin’s adjustment from the last patch made her a bit stronger. Adjusting accordingly.
- Damage Taken in Duo Mode 100% → 103%
- Damage Taken in Squad Mode 100% → 103%
- Base Defense 24 → 22
- HP per level 84 → 82
More of a reward for using the bike to not rat.
- Bike From Hell(R)
- Cooldown Reduction on hit 35s → 40s
- Damage Dealt in Duo Mode 94% → 97%
- Damage Dealt in Squad Mode 93% → 95%
- Damage Dealt in Duo Mode 90% → 92%
- Damage Dealt in Squad Mode 88% → 90%
Shoichi needs a little help early game, maybe put an extra point in Risky Business!
- Attack Power per level 2.9 → 3.1
- Risky Business(E) Slow 10/20/30/40/50% → 20/27.5/35/42.5/50%
Smoothing out her gameplay.
- Go Get ‘Em Wilson!(Q) cast time 0.2s → 0.12s
- Play With Us!(E) cast time 0.2s → 0.24s
In the mid-game, Silvia was often able to chase her enemies down by switching from human → bike and back too often – leaving no room for her enemies to answer.
- Finish Line(W)
- Airborne Duration 0.2s → 0.4s
- Attack Range 3m → 3.5m
- Spare Tire(E) Cooldown 17/15/13/11/9s → 13/12/11/10/9s
- Shift Gears(R)
- Base movement speed increase 0.25/0.35/0.45 → 0.30/0.375/0.45
- Human → Bike Cooldown 2s → 20/11/2s
Adriana had some vulnerabilities in the early game so we’re helping her early fire escapes
- Damage Dealt in Duo Mode 89% → 86%
- Fire Escape(E) Cooldown 22/20/18/16/14s → 20/18.5/17/15.5/14s
Crit builds and Skill amp builds need some slight evening out. More rewarding for landing the more difficult skill shots. Little bit of an improvement for the later game Adela but reigning in her mobility.
- Damage Dealt in Squad Mode 92% → 95%
- Attack Speed 0.22 -> 0.045 (Total Attack Speed fixed at 0.66)
- Attack Power per level 3.4 → 3.0
- Control the Center(P)
- Movement Speed 10/13/16% → 4/8/12%
- Critical Strike Chance increase 4/8/12% → 2/6/10%
- Attack Power per 0.1 attack speed 0.2/0.4/0.6 -> 0.2/0.45/0.7
- SP Cost 50/60/70/80/90 -> 60/70/80/90/100
- Damage dealt with Pawn 20/50/80/110/140 (+Attack Power 50%) -> 20/50/80/110/140 (+Attack Power 60%)
- Damage dealt with Queen 30/60/90/120/150 (+Attack Power 70%) → 30/60/90/120/150 (+Attack Power 100%)
- Knight Fork(W)
- Cooldown 16/15/14/13/12s → 18/16/14/12/10s
- Bounce from other pieces distance 4.5m -> 4m
- Damage when hitting other pieces 50% -> 55%
- Recasting range 11m → 10m
- Cooldown 24/21/18/15/12s → 24/22/20/18/16s
- Damage when hitting other pieces 50% → 55%
Aya is showing lower indicators with most weapons, especially sniper. We’re gonna beef that up along with her early game strength.
- Attack Range 7.1m → 7.6m
- Aya’s Justice(P)
- Duration 1s → 1.5s
- Shield 100/150/200 → 150/175/200
- Attack Power per level 2.5 → 2.2
No longer does the Tranquil Blade try to deal true damage to a camera…
- Attack Power 32 → 29
- Perfect Fit (P) no longer consumes cufflinks on cameras/traps
- Button Up (W) Dashing Gentleman Cooldown Reduction 6/6.5/7/7.5/8s → 5.5/6/6.5/7/7.5s
- Dashing Gentleman(E) Cooldown 16/15/14/13/12s → 17/16/15/14/13s
It’s hard to hit his ult multiple times and not very rewarding.
- Damage Dealt in Duo Mode 92% → 90%
- Damage Dealt in Squad Mode 88% → 86%
- Initial Damage 60/150/240(+Attack Power 50%) → 50/140/230 (+Attack Power 50%)
- Follow up Damage 30/75/120(+Attack Power 50%) → 40/80/120(+Attack Power 65%)
Cathy does pretty well in lower tiers based on her early kill pressure but struggles at higher tiers where people tend to avoid this and pick fights.
- Suture(E) Multiple Target Stun 1s → 1.3s
- Defense per level 1.7 → 2.0
Chiara sometimes ends up like a raid boss at the end game at higher tiers. We’re also making her Q a little smoother.
- Defense per level 1.5 → 1.3
- Hand of Corruption(Q)
- Cast time when charged 0.26s → 0.12s
- Attack Range when charged 12m → 10m
- Projectile Speed when charged 12m/s → 14m/s
Garde is already gated by SP.
- Garde(R) Cooldown 20s → 6s
- Peacemaker (R) HP recovery per second 30/40/50 (+Max HP 2/3/4%) → 20/30/40 (+Max HP 2/3/4%)
Glove Hyun is in a pretty good place. We’re hoping to get Tonfa Hyun there as well.
- Attack Range 1.45m → 1.6m
- First Attack(E)
- Cooldown 15/14/13/12/11s → 18/17/16/15/14s
- (NEW) 20% cooldown reduction when hitting enemies
- HP 500 → 515
- One Inch Punch
- Defense 21 → 18
- Life Steal 10% → 12%
- Divine Fist
- Movement Speed -0.07 → -0.1
- Attack Power 53 → 55
- Buddha’s Palm
- Attack Power 37 → 39
- White Claw Punch
- Attack Power 55 → 58
- Imperial Silk Gloves
- Movement Speed 0.1 → 0.12
- Wonderful Tonight
- Attack Power 100 → 92
- [NEW] Scalpel (Uncommon)
- Fountain Pen + Razor
- Attack Power 18
- [NEW] Swiss Army Knife (Rare)
- Scalpel + Scissors
- Attack Power 23
- Max HP 100
- [NEW] Damascus Steel Thorn (Epic)
- Swiss Army Knife + Spiked Plank
- Attack Power 63
- Max HP 250
- Healing Reduction -40%
- Light Hatchet
- Movement Speed 0.1 → 0.05
- Beam Axe
- Vision 4 → 3.5
- Movement Speed 0.1 → 0.07
- Movement Speed 0.1 → 0.07
- Max HP 350 → 330
- Apricot Sword
- Cooldown Reduction 8% → 6%
- Cooldown Reduction 8% → 6%
- Meteor Claymore
- Attack Power 75 → 67
- Critical Strike Chance 15% → 17%
- Cooldown Reduction 10% → 12%
- Evening Star
- Attack Power 145 → 137
- Magic Stick
- Attack Power 60 → 55
- Vision +0.5
- Lloigor & Zahr
- Attack Speed 15% → 20%
- Starsteel Twin Swords
- Attack Speed 50% → 40%
- The Smiting Dragon
- Skill Amplification 20 → 16
- Cosmic Bident
- Attack Power 150 → 138
- Extra normal attack damage per weapon mastery level 3.8% → 4.1%
- High Explosive Grenade
- Recharge Time 45s → 50s
- Grenade of Antioch
- Recharge Time 45s → 50s
- Attack Power 80 → 77
- Ruthenium Marble
- Attack Power 80 → 76
- Mithril Armor
- Defense 65 → 62
- Blazing Dress
- SP Regen 3 → 2
- Attack Power 10 → 16
- Cube Watch
- Defense 27 → 22
- Movement Speed 0.12 → 0.09
- Maverick Runner
- Attack Speed 10% → 5%
- Straitjacket Sneakers
- SP Regen 0.7 → 0.5
- Skill Amplification 8 → 6
- Gilded Quill Fan
- Skill Amplification 10 → 7
- SP Regen 100% → 80%
- Moonlight Pendant
- Vision + 1
- Lunar Embrace
- Defense 14 → 11
- Emerald Tablet
- Attack Power 10 → 12
- Defense 10 → 12
Traps & Surveillance Cameras
- Double Guillotine Damage 300 → 280
Boxes and Items added
- Alley – Big box added on the street below the gas station.
- Steel Chain 7 → 8
- Bracelet 6 → 7
- Running Shoes 8 → 9
- Binoculars 6 → 7
- Honey 6 → 7
- Archery Range – Big box added next to the Spawn point at the top archery range.
- Hat 5 → 6
- Running Shoes 6 → 7
- Iron Ball 5 → 6
- Chocolate 4 → 5
- Oil 5 → 6
- Temple – Big box added next to the Spawn point below the main gate.
- Ramen 4 → 5
- Buddhist Scripture 9 → 10
- Short Spear 4 → 5
- Gemstone 9 → 10
- Paper 8 → 9
- Hotel – Small box added next to the left entrance to the swimming pool.
- Carbonated Water 5 → 6
- Cloth 7 → 8
- Scrap Metal 8 → 9
- Hospital – Big box added to the right wall of the hospital.
- Scrap Metal 6 → 7
- Feather 6 → 7
- Cotton Gloves 3 → 4
- Bandage 6 → 7
- Slipper 6 → 7
- School – Big box added next to the upper left entrance to the gym. Small box added to the main hallway of the school building.
- Razor 6 → 7
- Fountain Pen 7 → 8
- Lighter 8 → 9
- Bandage 7 → 8
- Scissors 7 → 8
- Bread 6 → 7
- Bike Helmet 7 → 8
- Alcohol 5 → 6
Spawn points adjustments
- Alley central empty lot → side of the road of the gas station
- Lower entrance of the school gym → School building hallway
- Right entrance of the school gym → Left entrance of the school gym
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- You can no longer open boxes over walls.
- In order to divide allies/enemies skills, we have added indicators as edge colors to the following skills:
- Zahir’s Q, E, R / Isol’s Q / Lenox’s R / Hyejin’s W, R / Adela’s pieces
- Additional adjustments will be made for the skills required in subsequent updates
- Boxes will no longer have duplicate items
- Wild dog skills changed from “Bleeding” to “Healing Reduction”.
- Window will now properly display after completing matching.
- Food and beverage items inside boxes now have an HP/SP indicator.
- If you press a skill button while ‘queuing up’ skills, the skill will be canceled.
- Big boxes now open properly the first time you open them.
- You can now see pings/marks on CCTV.
- Satellite radar will now function properly even when you reconnect to the game.
- Certain keys weren’t working in spectator mode, so we fixed it up.
- You will no longer be able to see the ‘installation’ animation of a camera when they come into your vision range.
- Item boxes will now open properly when right-clicking while using a skill.
- We have reduced the frequency of wild dogs barking when players are around.
- Hyperloop will now work properly when a large number of players use it at the same area and time.
- Weapons now load normally when swapping to others with the same amount of ammo
- Game mode tooltips before crafting new weapons will now be normally displayed.
- Overall skill tooltip has been improved.
- Traps no longer break animal aggro.
- Pond Bears have eaten the leaves off the trees near them for some reason, making CCTV more visible.
Character & Weapon Improvements
- Magnus: Bike from Hell (R) will no longer go through the wall when crashing into the wall while reactivating the skill. (I swear… please let me stop writing about this skill)
- Rozzi: If caught ‘queuing up’ a skill after using Easy Shot (Q) she will be able to dash properly.
- Food cooked by Xiukai will keep the Juggernaut Chef mark even when inside a box.
- Shoichi now receives the proper amount of stacks when using Bottom Line (W) and Good Faith at the same time.
- Shoichi’s Risky Business (E) projectile now always appears correctly.
- Sissela’s Girl in a Bubble (W) no longer prevents cooldown reduction when collecting Wilson
- Sissela’s Play With Us! (E) skill effects now match indicators.
- Sissela’s Play With Us! (E) no longer pulls corpses into walls occasionally.
- Sissela’s Free at Last (R) no longer puts her in combat before hitting an enemy.
- Frost Clover Sissela: Sissela’s arm texture has been improved for low resolutions.
- Sissela no longer installs traps while standing.
- Silvia’s Radar Gun(Q) has been updated to match the actual indicator.
- Adela skills now appear properly when overlapping.
- Adela: Knight Fork (W) no longer occasionally slows when used on its own.
- Adela: Castling (E) range now appears properly after using Knight Fork (W).
- Adela’s Promotion(Q) stacks are now displayed properly.
- Aya’s sound now properly triggers when collecting branches/stones etc.
- Emma Change★(R) corrected animations when moving after use.
- Cathy is now able to fully recover when resting.
- Chiara’s voice will now appear in the collection menu.
- Chiara’s animation no longer freezes after resting after usingDepraved Prayer (W).
- Chiara Plague (R): Health increase when activated is not affected by healing reduction.
- Peacemaker(R) will now stop even if Hart dies immediately after using it.
- Guitar: Love&…(D) indicator now properly matches skill.
- Crossbow Expulsion Shot (D) properly hits all enemies in range.
- Nunchaku Breath of the Dragon (D) indicator now always appears properly.
- Sniper(D) can no longer target traps/cameras.
- Sniper(D) sound effect has been changed.
- Sniper(D) camera height increased.
- Shadow Stab (Spear D) no longer unintentionally knocks back enemies.
- Improvements made to the area selection map before game start
- You can now include a message when reporting players.
- Total damage dealt is now properly displayed in the statistics window.
- Skill levels are now accurately displayed in the statistics window.
- LP is now properly applied after promotion
- Screens will no longer freeze when you input IME Japanese/Chinese.
- You can now hear the matchmaking sound effect when you accept matches with the Enter key.
- Route recommendations that are imported by IDs are now properly displayed.
- 21:9 ratio screens should now display everything properly
- UX improvements to statistics recording
- Saved plans now display previous versions properly